I have noticed on many blogs the description usually found under the blog title is:
Just another WordPress weblog
This may be the case, or it may not, but for the most part this tagline can be customized to better suit the blog itself. It is just a matter of making a change in the Settings of the blog; and, it is this easy:
- Log into your Dashboard (admin pages)
- Click on the Settings option, which defaults to display the General Settings
- Beside “Tagline”, in the box, type what you want your new blog description to be
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” button
That’s it! Your blog is no longer “Just another WordPress weblog”, it is your weblog now!
How does WordPress display the Tagline?
Most themes display the blog description with something similar to the following code:
<?php bloginfo( 'description' ) ?>
Now, if you do not want to display your blog’s description you can do one of the two following things:
- Go into your Settings and clear the text from the Tagline box, or
- Go into your theme’s code and using the ‘//’ for commenting, make a change like this:
<?php // bloginfo( 'description' ) ?>